Closing date for Expressions of Interest: 5pm Wednesday 18 September 2019.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Communities Environment Program Grant. Please read the following information carefully. You will be required to certify that you have read this documentation in order to apply for funding under the program.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the Office of Susan Templeman MP on 1300 519 482 or via email on [email protected]
Who is eligible to apply?
You must be one of the eligible incorporated entities listed in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program
Only applications which comply with the following terms will be considered.
- $150,000 of funding is available to fund grants between $2,500 and $20,000 to a maximum of 20 projects in the Macquarie electorate.
- Grant funding can cover all eligible project costs, however, additional cash and/or in-kind contributions towards the project costs are strongly encouraged
- You must complete your project by 31 December 2020
- The program funds small projects that meet the intended outcomes of the program, including to protect and restore local environmental assets, increase the community’s knowledge and connection with their local natural environment, manage native habitats and species, and reduce threats and risks to the natural environment.
To be eligible, the majority of the grant funding must be directed to on-ground activities.
The following projects are a guide to the types of projects that may be suitable for a grant under the program:
- monitoring local flora, fauna, water quality or marine debris
- supporting recovery of threatened species and ecological communities
- seed collection, propagation and planting of trees and understorey to rehabilitate degraded habitats / riverbanks / wetlands; control erosion; or to increase suitable habitat, vegetation linkages and available food sources for native animals
- reducing the impact of invasive weeds, pest animals, and diseases on the environment
- fencing or installing infrastructure, such as boardwalks, to manage access to sensitive natural habitats or sites
- litter clean-up events and litter management infrastructure
- reducing sediment, contaminant and nutrient run-off to waterways
- workshops to increase community skills in monitoring, conserving, and/or protecting threatened species, ecological communities or other important environmental assets.
The above examples are not determinative. Even if your project fits within the above examples, there is no guarantee that it will be supported.
Other projects that align with the program’s intended outcomes may be eligible. For more information refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
The grant selection process
- Expressions of interest from eligible groups are submitted via the form below.
- Susan Templeman MP will convene an independent panel to review all expressions of interest. The panel will identify potential projects, with a total value of up to $150,000, that are consistent with the program objectives and eligibility requirements.
- Susan Templeman MP will invite identified potential applicants to formally apply and send them a link to the online application form.
- It is important to note that providing an expression of interest, or receiving an invitation to submit an application, does not guarantee that your application will be successful. The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science will decide whether to approve or reject each application.
- To be funded, the project must be located within the Federal Division of Macquarie and must NOT receive funding from another Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government grant.
- You can apply for a grant for your project under more than one government program, but if your application is successful, you must choose either the Communities Environment Program grant or the other government grant.
- You must have appropriate insurance coverage for the project.
- You also must read, acknowledge and accept the Department's eligibility criteria. This information may also assist you in submitting your application. The documents are located: at https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program
Wednesday 18 September, 2019 at 5pm.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applications must be made using the form below.
Expressions of Interest received by other means will not be considered. Please ensure you provide as much information and detail as possible, and that you complete all fields. There are four pages to the form. Ensure you have completed all of them. Your application has not been submitted until you click the "Submit" button on the fourth page. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and no extensions of time will be given.
This form will ask you about the details of your organisation, and specific detail about the project you are seeking funding for. Please have this information ready as you cannot save the form and return to it at a later date.
You are reminded that your response to each question need not be lengthy, but it must provide sufficient detail of the project and why it is required so that the Panel can make an informed decision. Applications not providing specific detail as to the project will be rejected.