STRONGER COMMUNITIES GRANTS - ROUND SEVEN
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW OPEN
We’ve been raising the issue that groups were unable to undertake normal fundraising activities due to COVID. It looks like the message got through to the government because in this round of the Stronger Communities grants program, which is now open, groups will not be required to match the funding they are applying for.
This will allow groups to complete much-needed projects that will benefit the community without the pressure of finding extra funding in what has been an extraordinarily difficult period, and with fundraising options in the future looking pretty limited.
The funding will see up to 20 projects by Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains community groups and not-for-profits receive between $2500 and $20,000 for infrastructure and capital works projects that increase community participation and contribute to vibrant communities.
The program has three important steps:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (via form below) by Monday 22 November 2021
- Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by a community panel; and
- Organisations whose projects are recommended for funding will receive a formal notification to apply.
For more information, read the eligibility criteria and grant guidelines.
If you have questions, get in touch with my office on 02 4573 8222 or email [email protected]
The questions you will be required to answer in the below expression of interest form include:
- Your name, contact number and email
- Name of organisation/club/group
- What does your organisation do?
- ABN of organisation
- Street address of organisation
- Organisations phone number plus a Secondary phone number
- Your organisation/club/group's email address (eg: [email protected])
- What is the name of your project?
- How much funding under the program are you applying for?
** Please note we don't require costing quotes at the expression of interest stage, however, if your organisation/club/group is invited to apply for a grant, you will need to provide detailed costings as part of the application process.
- Please describe what the grant funding will be used for, and describe the project
- Has your organisation or group been awarded a Stronger Communities Grant in previous rounds?
- Have you read the application criteria, agree to be bound by them, and certify that your application meets the eligibility criteria?