Supplementary Volunteer Grants 2020
Some Pleasing news for a change!
The Government has announced the 2020 Supplementary Volunteer Grants Program.
Organisations have until 11.59pm, Sunday 20 September 2020 to submit applications.
We know that up to 70 per cent of organisations with worthy applications have missed out in previous volunteer grants rounds.
Earlier this year, Labor wrote to the Government and requested a review of funding levels to make sure they reflect local community need.
We are pleased this supplementary round of funding has been provided at such a critical time for not-for-profit organisations.
Please note, there are some differences.
The program is not being facilitated through local MP offices or directly by the Australian Government. Instead, the Centre for Volunteering, has been funded to administer the program.
** But that doesn't mean you can't call on my office for advice or assistance with your application. **
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible Volunteer involving organisations, where at least 40 per cent of staff are volunteers, and can be used for the following:
- Help support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers;
- Help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering;
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering;
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers;
- Adapting practices to support volunteers’ safety in relation to COVID-19;
- purchase of small equipment items
- Transport costs of volunteers with disability;
- Fuel costs incurred by volunteers;
- Training for volunteers;
- Background screening checks of volunteers; and
- Documentation requirements;
** Applications Close 11.59pm, Sunday 20 September 2020 **
Susan Templeman MP
Federal Member for Macquarie